Member School Athletic Job Openings
Sports Information Director
Reports to: Southwestern Conference Athletic Directors
● Bachelor’s degree in sports management, public relations, communications or related field
● Experience in written and verbal communication, with an emphasis on athletics
● Demonstrated experience with social media, website development/design, or maintenance
● Serves as the primary media contact for all SWC sports and promote team stories to media outlets.
● Compile and report all required statistics to the SWC website.
● Create and maintain a Twitter and Facebook account that highlights the athletic happenings in the SWC.
● Write press releases for events and special accomplishments for the SWC website and local media.
● Maintain a complete and updated schedule of all athletic events and tournaments in the SWC.
● Maintain a complete and official record of results of all athletic contests and tournaments completed by the SWC.
● Organize and manage a sports media day for the SWC, with the first being August of 2018.
● Meet bi-annually with the SWC Athletic Directors.
● Create an online voting platform for Players of the Week in each conference-sponsored sport after reviewing nomination forms submitted by member institutions in accordance with predetermined reporting deadlines.
● Other duties as assigned by the SWC Athletic Directors
If interested, please contact Athletic Commissioner, Mike McCarthy at email@example.com