SWC Bowling Championship set for Spevock’s Nautical Lanes on February 12

Southwestern Conference Boys and Girls Bowling teams will spend the morning of Super Bowl Sunday (Feb. 12) fighting for supremacy on Spevock’s Nautical Lanes. The 2023 SWC Tournament will begin at 9 a.m.

Doors will open for spectators at 8:30 a.m. General Admission for the day is $7. All tickets will be digital through HomeTown Ticketing. No cash sales but credit cards will accepted at the door. Purchase early here:

Teams will bowl 3 Traditional Games and 6 Baker Games at the SWC Tournament. The combined score will account for 40% of the overall SWC Championship. The head-to-head regular season, which finished on February 1, makes up the other 60% of the calculation.

Amherst Steele High School Girls Bowling will attempt to win it third straight league title in 2022-23. The Comets went 7-0 during the regular season’s head-to-head match-ups. North Ridgeville High School finished second at 6-1. In order for the Rangers to steal the championship they would have to finish two positions higher than the Comets at the year-end tournament. All other teams would need a bigger margin of victory.

On the boys side, Avon Lake High School is the defending champions but Amherst won the 2022-23 regular season with a 6-1 record. Berea-Midpark sits in second place at 5-2. Again, the Titans would have to end Sunday’s event two places above the Comets in order to win the overall championship. The Shoremen tied with Avon High School and Olmsted Falls High School at 4-3 and all will need a bit of luck to climb the ladder.

Current Standings

SWC Boys Bowling
School – Points
Amherst Steele – 27
Berea-Midpark – 24
Avon – 18
Avon Lake – 18
Olmsted Falls – 18
North Ridgeville – 12
Midview – 9
Elyria – 6

SWC Girls Bowling
School – Points
Amherst Steele – 27
North Ridgeville – 24
Avon Lake – 21
Berea-Midpark – 18
Avon – 15
Midview – 12
Elyria – 9
Olmsted Falls – 6